TLCC of Shelby is responsible for securing its network and computing system to a reasonable and economically feasible degree against unauthorized access and/or abuse, while making them accessible for authorized and legitimate users. This responsibility includes informing users of the expected standards of conduct and the disciplinary or legal consequences for not adhering to them. Any attempt to violate the provisions of this policy will result in disciplinary action and possible revocation of use regardless of the success or failure of the attempt.
Once a user is granted permission to access the electronics network facilities, the user is solely responsible for all actions while using the equipment. Therefore, the following actions are prohibited:
1. Any deliberate action, which damages or disrupts a computing system or network, alters its normal performance or causes malfunction, regardless of location or time duration. (trying to “crash” network systems or programs)
2. Any willful development or introduction of computer “virus”, disruptive, or destructive programs into TLCC network. NO DOWNLOADING WITHOUT PERMISSION!
3. Deleting, copying, or modification of any files and/or data belonging to other users without their prior consent.
4. Transmitting and/or processing files containing obscene, indecent, lewd material or other material, which explicitly or implicitly refer to sexual conduct.
5. Transmitting any material in violation of any United States or state regulations. This includes, but not limited to, copyright and threatening materials.
6. Impeding other users through mass consumption of system resources.
7. Using facilities and/or services for unauthorized commercial purposes.
8. Forging or attempting to forge electronic mail messages.
9. Attempting to read, delete, copy, modify, or view without permission, another user’s email.
10. Sending or attempting to send harassing, obscene and/or threatening email to another user.
11. Attempting to send unsolicited junk mail, “for profit” messages, or chain letters.
12. Any other action that is deemed inappropriate.
TLCC of Shelby’s electronic network facilities are to be used exclusively for education, related functions, and applications. TLCC Directors will have access to all files, including email files. Users will have no expectation of privacy regarding the said files or email. Any attempt to break the law with the network will result in litigation against the offender by the proper authorities. If such an event should occur, TLCC of Shelby will fully comply with the authorities to provide any information necessary for the litigation process. I understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of TLCC of Shelby Network Computing and Email Policy. I further understand that any violations of the above regulations are unethical and may constitute a criminal offense. I understand that any violation of these terms and conditions will result in the revocation of my access rights and the imposition of TLCC discipline. In addition TLCC of Shelby will comply with the authorities to provide any information necessary for the litigation process. As the parent/guardian of this student, I have read the Terms and Conditions for access to TLCC of Shelby Network Computing and Email Policy. I understand that this access is designed for educational purposes and TLCC has taken precautions to eliminate controversial materials. However, I also recognize that it is impossible for TLCC to restrict access to all controversial materials and I indemnify and hold harmless TLCC, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and affiliates for materials acquired on the network. Further, I understand that the inappropriate use of network by my child will result in the revocation of my child’s access rights imposition of TLCC discipline. In addition, TLCC will comply with the authorities to provide any information necessary for the litigation process. I indemnify and hold harmless TLCC, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and affiliates for supervision when my child’s use is not in a community center setting. Further, I indemnify and hold harmless TLCC, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and affiliates for any damages or injuries caused by my child’s use of the network, either in TLCC or outside of TLCC, in a manner which violates the Terms and Conditions set forth in this agreement. With this understanding, I hereby give permission to issue electronic access for my child and certify that the information on this form is correct.